I did my first beauty/wellness post this summer and surprisingly really enjoyed it (I mean it is pretty much just talking about yourself…!). So, I’ve returned with a second post, an undeniably more important one since anyone who lives in a cold climate knows the struggle of that winter’s dryness can bring. While the winter weather can take toll on hair and skin, these products help make the season more bearable and pleasant.
- Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence
- This all natural high-end brand is my new favorite skin care line. Although pricey, Tata Harper uses quality ingredients that help to brighten and hydrate skin. The Floral Essence smells amazing and duplicates as both a toner and setting spray that allows lotions, creams and oils to work deeper into the skin. This amazing spray will not allow your face to dry out. It feels super refreshing too!
2. Lush Lip Scrub
- Lush, the niche natural brand, pioneered simple eco-friendly products years ago. Their OG sugar lip scrub remains a favorite today. The formula is seriously just sugar, oil and some flavoring, but the eatable mixture works wonders on dry flakey lips while helping to keep them plump and hydrated. I like the Mint Julips flavor since it tastes/smells nice and fresh, but the scrub comes in all sorts of sweeter flavors such as bubblegum and chocolate.
3. Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm
- Sometimes, all you need is a nice sheer lip gloss to complete a look. This balm does just that and more, going beyond looks to moisturize and shine lips. Between the color and benefits, the lip balm is the ideal winter lip product. The packaging is also super cool. I’m a total stickler for labels, so I automatically loved this product.
4. Slip Silk Pillow Case
- Turns out that cotton pillow cases aren’t all that great for your skin and hair, especially in dry climates. The material sucks oils out and can cause hair to break. A silk case minimizes those annoying lines you sometimes get on your face in the morning and keeps your hair overall more healthy. Slip cases are super popular and can literally be found anywhere with their cute labeling and portable cases. They come in all sorts of colors ranging from a pretty rose gold to a sleek black.
5. Patchology Perfect Weekend Face Masks
- If you’re going to do one face mask, you might as well do three. This set of three masks puts forth the ultimate “face care weekend”, each with a unique purpose in keeping your skin healthy. Start with the Exfoliant, follow with the Hydrate and end with the Illuminate sheet mask to recover your face from the winter blues. I usually love any mask I try, but this one truly has working benefits and makes a difference.