Summer has “officially” started (finally), at least for me as I’m back home and enjoying some incredibly warm weather ahead of what’s going to be a steamy Memorial Day Weekend. Happily, summer means the end of a crazy last month of school, the start of summer jobs, and more time which makes me able to write more! Leading into June, here are some summer “must-haves” and trends that will be all over the place soon.
Block Heel Sandals
- Block heels, along with tiny kitten heels, have been seen all over the streets with good reason since they are super stylish and can work perfectly for a variety of occasions (casual to formal). What’s also fun is that the trend is super broad, meaning that many different styles can have and are having a fun and bold block heel. For summer, opt for a bright colorful pair to make any outfit stand out.
- These bags are the season’s “It” item with literally everyone raving over the unique design originated by Cult Gaia. One article claimed it to be a great art piece to display in winter, making it have 2 purposes. They might not seem super particular, but you’ll definitely make a statement carrying one around, and they’re usually big enough to put another purse in if you don’t want your personal belongings displayed to the world.
Wide Leg Pants
- While this might sound like a fall or winter trend, cropped pants are going to be huge this summer since they are breezy and fresh. Seen all over runways, striped light pants and flowy pants are making a fashionable comeback. What’s perfect is that they work perfectly with a pair of block heels (wink wink!).
- First, it was the romper, then it was the jumpsuit, and now it’s all about the matching set (not that those other trends have really died down). Inspired by vintage 50s looks, matching sets are pretty much rompers cut into two. The bottom can be either a skirt, short or pant and it’s paired usually with a crop top or statement top. The great thing about this trend is that it’s totally easy to wear and super fun for summer weather.
- While heels seem to be huge right now, slide sandals are having a moment with brands making colorful summer-ready shoes that are fun and casual. Mule styles are big, and the PVC trend is in full force with this season’s shoes, especially slides.