Hi there! This month…
What to wear:
- With warmer weather on the horizon, a good transition coat is essential. Just the thought of peeling off winter layers makes me feel nice and cheery, and a good light jacket will do just that. A great pair of little booties or statement booties are also perfect for this time of year to fill the gap between boots and sandals or sneakers. As for me, I cannot wait to be able to walk around wearing any kind of shoe and not worry about getting snow on them. Here are my suggestions for this month in terms of what to wear.
- A wax or quilted Barbour Jacket: A classic brand and a classic style, these jackets are perfect for that in-between weather. I know I have talked about them before, but that is just because I love the style so much. You really cannot go wrong with one of these jackets since they go with everything.
- Hunter raincoat: Just leave it up to the classic boot company to have you covered during a spring downpour. The Hunter brand might be associated with rain boots, but they also have a great selection of rain jackets. They come available in an array of bright colors and styles that are super classic and fun.
- Light Blazer or Bomber jacket: Spring calls for light layers especially for nicer occasions. Blazers pair perfectly with dresses. They up the sophistication of a style and are totally appropriate. For more casual looks, bomber jackets work well to keep warm from the fresh spring air.
- Chelsea Boots: These little booties seem to be the shoe of the moment right now, and it isn’t hard to see why. They are perfectly sized for milder weather, stylish and easy to wear.
What to Watch:
- Lately, I have been in a bit of a stump with Netflix, but I did just discover “The Great British Baking Show” (finally) and I love it. I am not sure there is anything that is more British in personally, so it just makes me so happy to watch it. Plus, I have learned quite a lot about baking and desserts!
- I spent a snow day a couple of weeks ago watching random movies and came across “The Boy who Made Shoes for Lizards” which is a new documentary on Manolo Blahnik, the legendary shoe designer. I was enthralled by his life and how his shoes are made, and highly recommend it to anyone interested in fashion.
- I finally got to watch “I, Tonya” which I have wanted to see for months since I’m a figure skater. Totally met my expectations, and I found it to be a real roller coaster of drama mixed with great acting!
- I recently subscribed to a snack subscription box called “Try the World- Snacks“. You sign up to get a box of snacks each month from around the world which is absolutely perfect for a hungry college student. The snacks are all natural, vegetarian and a lot are gluten-free making it accessible to everyone. I have loved everything that I have gotten, and the snacks are very great for a late night of studying pick me up. For just 15$ a month, it is super convenient and worth it!