January can be one of the most un-motivating and dreary times of the year. After the high of the holiday season, it can be difficult to decompress, detox, and move-on. Here are 8 items, ideas, and inspiration to help with the mid-winter slump. Disclaimer, affiliate links included.
- Hand Lotion- AHAVA Mineral Cream
- The current cold weather is the WORST for skin, especially hands, resulting in me desperately putting on a thick hand cream every couple of hours to prevent the dreaded cracked and burning skin. This Dead Sea sourced AHAVA cream is a great water-based formula that moisturizes well and smells great.
- Find it on Amazon by clicking on the image.
2. Body Lotion- Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
- Again, the dry and cold weather is dreadful for skin, meaning that a good body cream is a must. This Bum Bum cream is amazing. It’s nourishing, makes your skin shine, and smells like a legit beach.
- Find it on Amazon by clicking the image, or at sephora.
3. Resurrect your hair with a nourishing hair mask- Nelson Argan Oil Mask
- I find that during these crazy weather months, my hair suffers. It becomes super staticy and I tend to develop more split ends that usual. I recently found this product that infuses moisture into hair while helping to repair damage. It is super easy to apply and does not take up much time. My hair has been so much better since getting this!
- Find the hair mask on Amazon by clicking the image.
4. See an Oscar season movie in theaters
- So many great movies come out in December, and while many plan on seeing movies around the holidays, they are still around after New Years. This year was espically good with movies such as “The Darkest Hour” and “I, Tonya” which are both historical biopics complete with great acting.
5. Get intrigued and spooked by the latest season of Black Mirror
- Black Mirror has to be one of the most intriguing shows out there right now with its complicating plotwists, unique story lines, and disturbing themes. Each episode of the show is entirly different, meaning that each episode has completely different characters, settings and even time periods. They explore different distrubing realities and mostly focus on the dark side of technology. While sometimes freaky, Black Mirror is so fascinating, and the new season on Netflix does not disappoint.
6. Shop for early Spring Break clothing on sale online
- Ok, so you might think that it is too early for spring shopping, but Spring Break is coming up fast, and why not treat yourself to clothing you can look forward to wearing in a couple of months. Many online retailers are having massive sales on Resort collections right now. Find great deals at Shopbop, MyTeresa and Net-A-Porter.
7. Invest in some stylish and durable winter boots to get you through the rest of the winter
- I confess to really not liking typical winter boots. I don’t mind the look; it is just that I feel bulky wearing them. However, I finally realized my need for them, and found a great pair of Sorrel’s from Nordstrom that are cute and not too blocky. I love them because they are unconventional and stylish. There are so many unique options out there that help keep winter chic!
8. Discover winter’s newest late coming color trends
- Black and White: Fresh out of Paris Haute Couture Week, the classic combo is suddenly being revitalized and it’s bolder than ever. The look is a great way to brighten up winter while still staying with darker tones.
- Pink: Millenial Pink is hotter than even with the subtle shade being wore all year round. The sweet color looks bright and refined while still making a statement.