This time of year, it feels like the pressure is on; pressure to keep up to date, pressure to keep your life together, and pressure to look your best as to not appear like an emotional wreck (I’m looking at you college students). The winter weather and stress might be bringing you into a slump, but with the holidays coming up, everything will get better. I personally love the style from this time of year with the vibrant Christmas colors, snuggling layers, and plenty of festive cheer. Here are five new and continuing trends that are perfect for the season; for parties and family gatherings alike.
- Bold Plaid: My love affair with plaid becomes full-fledged uncontrollable during the Christmas season. This winter trend comes back year after year, but it seems that recently, plaid has been taken to new heights. Bold pants, big dramatic layers, and fun dresses all scream with Christmas spirit while staying fresh and classic.
- Velvet: Arguably the biggest trend of the season, velvet has emerged as much more than the stuffy dresses you wore as a kid to get all “dazzled up”. Brands are making everything in velvet nowadays including blazers, purses, boots, and dresses in many different color variations. Wearing black velvet this holiday season is a perfect way to look effortlessly trendy while still looking sophisticated and festive.
3. Camel Coats: This retro winter trend is making a huge comeback in a great way. The classic style is a perfect way to elevated your winter closet as an alternative to the frumpy and bulky down parka. Arrive in class with a nice simple silhouetted camel coat.
4. Faux Fur Layering: Faux Fur is undergoing a revolution. Once considered a tacky and cheap alternative to the real thing, a desire to amp up the quality and become more ethical has recently changed the way fashion has looked at the winter tread. Fun colors and the ability to add copious amounts of warmth to an outfit will drive you to invest in a statement faux fur piece.
5. Metalic and Sparkles: To make the ultimate statement this holiday season, be bold with a bright skirt or dress that fully embodies the Christmas spirit. What is great about this trend is that the bright sparkles really contrast the gloomy winter weather, making everything more festive and fun for the holidays. It is kind of like Christmas lights on clothing!