Wow, it’s crazy how time flies! I have been at college for two months now, and we are definitely already deep into fall. Things have been going well, except that I wish the weather would make up its mind! I feel like I have been constantly changing what I wear do to fluctuating temperatures. All I want to wear is a cozy sweater all day, but it oftentimes gets hot in the afternoon…
Anyways, here are some of my picks for this month. Enjoy!
- Dear Hate by Maren Morris
- Maren Morris is an up and coming country star that is gaining alot of ground on the charts. Her hit “80s Mercedes” is one of my favorite new songs, and I just recently came across this jem, Dear Hate. I found it really relavant to today’s world, in addition to being oddly comforting.
- What is also exciting is that Maren Morris will be opening for Niall Horan during his up coming world tour. Having been a big directioner (in my middle school years), it’s great to see him branch out.
- Even If It Breaks Your Heart by Eli Young Band
- A little throw back that probably seems a bit random. The other week, my favorite professional golfer, Jordan Spieth, hosted his annual charity event. This year’s featured musical was Eli Young Band, so I decided to listen to some of their music. I was reminded of this gem of a song. It really makes you feel good inside.
- The Louvre by Lorde
- Lorde is one of the only alternative-like artists that I actually like, and I think it’s because her songs are truly unique. One of my favorites from her new album is The Louvre which has a very interesting catching tune. The first single, Green Light, from the new album is also amazing.
Movies and TV:
- Grace of Monaco
- Randomly came across this movie on Netflix after it appeared on my suggestions line. It’s a beautiful biopic on Grace Kelley’s life at the beginning of her reign being princess of Monaco. The movie centers around her inter conflicts that she dealt with due to her love of acting, along with the political environment of 1960s France. Extremely well done and enjoyable to watch.
- Beauty and the Beast (2017)
- Yes, I know everyone has probably heard/seen this recent Disney live action, but it is now on Netflix for a limited time, making it a viable thing to promote. Emma Watson and Dan Stevens are amazingly casted. Yes, I might be a biased Harry Potter fan, but Watson is Belle, and it shows. The visuals are superb, and can truly be enjoyed by anyone.
- Cools- Email subscription and website
- I somehow randomly came across this platform and got my email on it. Sort of strange, but Cools is an amazing fashion resource that calls attention to sales, trends, and news in your inbox. All free, you receive email periodically regarding all things fashion, and you can always bourse the website for inspiration. It’s a great site that really puts you into the know.
- https://cools.com (use this to find out more)